Gizmo for Designers
WebGizmo, at the moment, uses simple PHP/HTML templates. There are a few examples in the /templates/html folder. A good example to start with is the /yui template (the default) which uses Yahoo's YUI grid layout system.
Rapid prototyping with Auto-Includes
/templates /html /example_theme /fonts /css /js
Note on Fonts
At the moment fonts are expected to be a @font-face kit from fontsquirrel.com which are "100% free for commercial use". Download @font-face kits and unzip them in the fonts folder. This should create a new folder with the kits goodies inside. Gizmo looks inside these folders for the
stylesheet.css and auto-includes this. To use the font you just have to reference the font-family in your stylesheet.
In the future design and layout will follow the example of the content interface and will mostly be managed via files and folders, thus allowing web designers to control layout, fonts, background images all though file/folder names.
Websites already using Gizmo
- Sarah O'Sullivan, a gorgeous website by an amazing ceramics artist.
- Sonyhof.de portfolio of Sonya Schönberger, a Berlin based artist.
- Christof Zwiener art from Hamburg.
- Phillip Hohenwarter, an Austrian video artist.
- Rosinen und Schwarzbrot personal homepage of Jeannette Aretz, a German journalist.
- Takashi Wada japanese, Berlin based musician.